Sunday, May 20, 2012

La Feria de la Ascensión

This weekend in Oviedo there was a culture fair - all of the people dressed up in traditional Asturiana dress and made Asturian food and things (I'm sorry, I'm really thinking in Spanish right now after spending all day with Mabel).  I went yesterday to see some of it, and I saw the rest of it at least two more times today.  I went early with Mary, and then the new host student, Dana, came, so we went again.

Honestly, it was really cool.  There was a lot of Artisan stuff and the people were all dressed up in traditional things, even if they weren't part of the fair.  It's cool that they have such a strong and specific culture, I feel like it's something that we don't really have in the US...we have Native American things, but I obviously don't identify with that.  Anyways, rather than ramble on, I will show you pictures (as per my usual...)











Some pretty cool stuff!  Anyways.  I can't believe it...tomorrow is my last day in Oviedo for I don't know how long.  I bought tickets today to the airport on Tuesday and for Sevilla on Thursday.  I get to see my parents in 2 days!  Yay!  It's super exciting :).  ¡Hasta luego!

*Besos*

No comments:

Post a Comment