Friday, May 18, 2012

Bittersweet Good-byes

I've already had to say good-bye to some people.  Saying good-bye to all the people from Umass who are leaving this weekend hasn't been/won't be too bad because I can see them this summer or next year, but all the other people I've made friends with...

I made a pretty good friend with a girl from England, and our group has sort-of integrated some people from different schools and different countries.  It's just incredibly sad.  Yes, we can say, "when you come to my part of the world, look me up", but who knows how many people are really going to stay in touch.  I want to stay in touch with my Spanish friend, but we're just so busy.  I hope we are able to.

Almost everyone went out last night for one last night on the town.  I had a pretty good time, but I didn't stay out ALL night like I think some people did.  I wanted to actually get some sleep today.  There's a fair in Oviedo all weekend, I will definitely be going and taking pictures and stuff.  It should be pretty cool.

We had a good-bye lunch on Wednesday with Carrie and everyone.  It was pretty good, we always eat so well with her.

On Wednesday everyone was still in denial, but some people get on a plane tomorrow. Tomorrow.  Damn.  I am so excited to go to Andalucía, but I would love to be in Amherst right now.  I miss everyone, and some of my friends aren't going to be home for the summer, they're working in other states.   Before they leave they're visiting Amherst and seeing their families...I would give anything to be home to see them before they leave.  Also, the closer we get, the harder it is to wait.  I can't wait for Andalucía, it will help the time pass so much more quickly.  And I get to see my parents!!! Yaaaay! That's going to be so awesome.

Anyways, one more entry coming your way before Andalucía.  I might be able to blog on the road, since I'll have all my things with me, but if not, I'll update once I'm back in the states.  Ciao ciao!

*Besos*

No comments:

Post a Comment